Monday, August 3, 2009

Relocated in Brattleboro, Vermont

A few words as to why I am here in Btatttleboro, Vermont. Dorothy and I had a text book perfect romance and when I tried to convince her to marry me I promised we would build the ultimate in a wonderful home together. She agreed and we hired an architect, Edward Johnson now of Branford, CT to create the house of our dreams. I logged a mosquito swamp and had bull dossers come and dig out the stumps and create a third of an acre10 foot deep pond next to which we built our home. Dorothy named the pond, Lake George. Let it be known that the house was so fitting for our needs and dreams that it was important in our 45 year relationship.
Early on we agreed to dedicate our lives to making the other happy. We seceded until she died on November 3, 2008. I had retired from my busy veterinary practice to care for my mother who was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. Without Dorothy our house was no longer the glue of our togetherness and I decided to re locate. Of three possibilities my youngest daughter, Lee suggested I live in a renovated barn behind her house. It had long since been rented but with the proviso that if her father wanted to come to Brattleboro the tenant would have to vacate. That was long before Dorothy's death. She used remarkable foresight. That was almost 6 months ago and Lee is still taking me on conducted tours of this remarkable area with its remarkable people. More on that special person, daughter Lee, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment